By signing this Agreement, CLIENT hereby referred to as (“Client”), has retained TACKLE THE AGENDA, LLC, hereby referred to as (“Service Provider”) to proceed with the requested services, and agrees to the terms and conditions as set forth in this Agreement:
- SERVICES. Client has retained Service Provider to perform:
Virtual Assistant Services as requested by the “Client”
- PAYMENT. Client agrees to pay the specified amount on the invoice or per the monthly retainer amount. See our website for details: www.tackletheagenda.com. Payment for all A La Carte services are invoiced immediately after completion and payment is due in full immediately upon receipt.
- RETAINERS. Monthly retainers provide ongoing support at a discounted rate up to the number of hours set forth in the contract. Retainer fees are required in full in advance of services; payment is due on or before the day your contract began each month. For example, if your contract began on August 12th, your bill is due on or before the 12th of each month thereafter. If payment is not received by the due date, (or if card declined) the full standard hourly rates will apply for any work performed during that month, and monies received will be applied accordingly. Services rendered beyond the retained number of hours will be billed at the full hourly rate, with payment due upon receipt. Hours are billed to the quarter hour after the first hour. Payments for specified hours rendered are considered fully earned and non-refundable except for services considered unsatisfactory by the client, however, for certain specified retainers; unused hours will be carried over for 90 days.
- CLIENT RESPONSIBILITIES. Client understands that Service Provider is not an employee and that this will be a collaborative, professional relationship of equals, as in a partnership, where mutual professional respect, courtesy and consideration are expected. Due to the virtual nature of the partnership, Client understands the importance of communication, especially via email, and agrees to respond to questions, requests and communications from Service Provider in a timely manner. Client understands that Service Provider is a business with other clients to serve, and requires fair, realistic notice in order to attend to requests and projects. Poor planning or miscommunication on the part of Client will not constitute an emergency for Service Provider. Client understands that Service Provider may require detailed clarification of projects in order to meet expectations and provide the best support and highest quality work.
- OFFICE HOURS & COMMUNICATION. Standard office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm EST. Extended office hours are available to Retainer clients, by approved request only. Email/Skype are to be the primary form of communication between Client and Service Provider. Service Provider is available for phone calls during standard office hours and emergencies only. Occasional calls of only a few minutes in duration are not typically billed to Client. However, the time of both parties must be respected, and calls lasting over 15 minutes that were not scheduled in advance using our booking app will be billed to Client. Skype meetings must also be prescheduled 24 hours in advance. Cancellation requires a minimum of 2 hours advance notice. Missed meetings or cancellations without sufficient notice will be billed to Client.
- PROJECTS COMPLETION. Basic office support receives 24-48 hour attention. Each new or special project requires a minimum of 24 hours notice with a minimum of a 24-hour turnaround. Client will provide sufficient notice and allow for reasonable timeframes for project completions. Rush projects required in less than 24 hours and projects requiring weekend or holiday work may be subject to a 25% surcharge and/or other rush fees based on your service type. Service Provider reserves the right to refuse any project or service request.
- MATERIALS & INFORMATION. Client will provide all content, outlines, photos, product images, etc., necessary for any special projects. Source material must be clear and legible. Client is responsible for furnishing all pertinent information, and for furnishing accurate, truthful, legal and complete information necessary for Service Provider to perform or complete the task or project.
- EXPENSES. Expenses incurred on behalf of Client are not included in any fees and will be billed to Client. Reimbursable expenses may include, but are not limited to, office supplies (e.g., file folders, envelopes, portfolios, etc.), mileage, social media accounts, payments made to vendors, and shipping and handling costs. On-site visits will be billed for actual time on-site, roundtrip travel time and mileage. Payment is due upon receipt.
- DELIVERY. Completed projects are delivered via fax, email, U.S. Mail, or other means as required by Client. Client is responsible and will be billed for all shipping and handling costs. There is no charge for faxing, emailing or Canada/U.S. mail under 1 ounce (#10 envelope and one stamp).
- ACCURACY. Client assumes full responsibility for acceptance of work or services performed and agreed upon, as well as final proofing and accuracy. Service Provider is not responsible for errors or omissions.
- PAYMENT OPTIONS. All major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express) are accepted and payment is processed through our merchant account via PayPal and Stripe.
- NSF FEES. There is a $40 NSF (insufficient funds) fee for declined credit card payments.
- LATE PAYMENTS. Payments not received by the due date will result in work cessation. Service Provider reserves the right to refuse completion or delivery of work until past due balances are paid. Monthly late charges of $30.00 or 5%, whichever is greater, will be assessed on unpaid balances every 30 (thirty) days.
- LIEN. All materials or property belonging to Client, as well as work performed, may be retained as security until all just claims against Client are satisfied.
- MISCELLANEOUS FEES. Clients who consistently fail to respond to questions in a timely manner, do not supply needed information or otherwise impair efficient workflows increase administrative time, waste retainer hours unnecessarily, and prevent Service Provider from working to optimum standards and serving other clients in a fair and equal manner. Service Provider reserves the right to impose fees and/or increase hourly rates of Clients who fall into this category.
- PROPERTY. All billings (including invoices, statements and estimates), reports and time accountings are provided as a convenience to Client at the discretion of Service Provider and remain the property of Service Provider. Periodic audits may reveal previous billing discrepancies or errors, and Service Provider is entitled to void or recall incorrect invoices and statements and bill for any monies due on account.
- ACCURACY OF INFORMATION. Client agrees that the accuracy of information supplied to Service Provider is the sole responsibility of Client, and that Service Provider is not responsible and shall not be held liable for the results of services performed on the basis of inaccurate, incomplete or untruthful information furnished by Client.
- INDEMNIFICATION/RELEASE OF LIABILITY. Client shall indemnify, defend and save Service Provider harmless from any and all suits, costs, damages or proceedings, including, but not limited to, Service Provider’s services, pertaining to any and all litigation in which the Client is a party. Client shall pay all expenses incurred by Service Provider including, but not limited to, all attorneys’ fees, costs and expenses incurred should Service Provider be named a party in any litigation to which Client is a party. Client shall further indemnify and hold harmless Service Provider and its agents, officers and directors from liability for any and all claims, costs, suits and damages, including attorneys’ fees arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the operation of Client, and from liability for injuries suffered by any person relating to the Client. This agreement to indemnify Service Provider is not limited to any acts or omissions, statements or representations made by Service Provider in the performance and/or nonperformance of Service Provider’s duties hereunder and relating to all contractual liabilities, which may be alleged or imposed against Service Provider. All reasonable precautions will be taken to safeguard the property entrusted to Service Provider. In the absence of negligence, however, Service Provider will not be held liable for loss, destruction or damage of any kind resulting from items which are lost or delayed in transit, whether such transit is electronic, fax, mail or otherwise, nor for unauthorized use by others of such property. Service Provider will not be held liable for any incidental, consequential or indirect damages, including without limitation damages for loss of profits, business interruption, loss of information, plagiarism, etc. Service Provider will not be held liable for typographical omissions or errors.
- TERMINATION. Month-to-month retainers may be terminated by either party for any reason within 15 (fifteen) days advance written notice of intent to cancel. Retainer fees for the last month of service are due and payable in full on or before the scheduled due date, whether actual services are performed or not. Retainer fees are due in full for the intended month of cancellation if proper notice is not provided.
- EXPIRATION & MODIFICATION. This Agreement shall remain in effect for the duration of Client’s contract (retainer) or until such time as one or the other Party provides written notice of cancellation. This Agreement may be modified or amended as necessary after negotiations initiated by either Party. If agreement is reached, only a written instrument signed by both Parties will modify or amend this Agreement.
- ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the State of Ohio, and shall not be construed against the drafter. The parties agree that any suit or action relating to this Agreement shall be instituted and commenced exclusively in the federal or state courts in Butler County, Ohio, and the parties hereby waive the right to change such venue and hereby consent to the jurisdiction of such courts. Any liability on the part of Service Provider as determined by a court of law will be limited to an amount not to exceed one month’s retainer. If Service Provider must bring suit or other action to collect on unpaid invoices or seek remedy of any other breach of contract, Service Provider shall be entitled to an award of costs, reasonable attorney’s fees and interest at the maximum rate permitted by law in addition to any other relief awarded.
*The terms and conditions of this Agreement may be modified or amended as necessary. I indicate that I understand, agree to and accept the terms and conditions as contained herein.
Updated October 2, 2017